Welcome to Canada's Class Page.
We hope you had a fantastic Summer and enjoyed the sunshine. We are excited to be starting a brand new school year as Year 2's in our brand new classroom!
Year 2 is going to be exciting. We have a new behaviour chart where you can work your way up to silver and gold in order to earn a 'Golden Day' for exceptional work and amazing choices.
We also have our new class points system - Class Dojo. Keep earning the points, by showing the school values and making good choices, to earn the rewards! You can even show your parents your achievements at home!
We are beginning Autumn term by learning about Journey's.
In English we will be reading two new stories about Journey's, 'Journey' and 'Beegu'. We will be exploring different types of writing and learning some new writing strategies in the Year 2 curriculum as well as getting ourselves ready for SATs.
In Maths, we will be revisiting our previous learning on place value and number. We will be stretching ourselves to meet the new challenges of the Year 2 criteria of the curriculum, exploring these both practically and mentally.
Topics we will be covering:
- Science - Materials. Exploring the properties of materials as well as how these properties are fit for different purposes.
- Geography - Maps and our local area. We will be reading current maps as well as making our own maps.
- Computing - E-Safety. Learning the basics of computer use and keeping safe online.
- Art - Sculptures. Designing, making and resourcing our own sculptures using artist influence.
Things to remember:
- PE day is Monday. Please have a full kit in school as children will be working both inside and outside. Earrings must either be not worn or taken out by the child before the lesson on PE days.
- Homework will be set on Fridays and will be due in the following Friday. Prizes/rewards will be awarded to children who complete homework consistently.
- Please bring reading diaries in daily. We will check diaries frequently to see who needs certificates, book marks or free books so keep reading!
- Mrs Charlesworth reads with children on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons so please have your book ready these days if you wish to change it.
We hope to have a fab first half term in Year 2. There are lots of changes but we think it will be fantastic!
Mrs Biggs & Miss H