Welcome to Australia Class ...
Welcome to Year 1!
We hope you all had a lovely summer and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you all into our new classroom! We will be learning lots of exciting things this year and we can't wait to get started.
We will be starting the year by writing our own set of classroom rules. These will be the rules that we use to make sure that we keep safe in and around Woodcroft.
We will then be learning about the Three Billy Goats Gruff in English, in which we will be acting out the story and writing our own versions. In maths, we will be practising writing our numbers and counting forwards and backwards to 20. In art, we will be experimenting with primary colours to create our own paintings. In science we are learning about different types of materials and performing our own experiments. In Geography we will be learning about the weather in the UK and how this affects us.
- P.E DAY - is a WEDNESDAY where we will be taught by a PE coach. Please make sure you have full kit and sensible shoes in on this day. NO EARRINGS IN ON P.E DAY PLEASE. Please start to bring in clothes suitable for outside
- We will be checking reading logs on a daily basis, keeping you up to date with stamps, certificates or bookmarks! Keep up the reading, let's see who can get a free book!
- Teddy words are now checked during guided reading.
- On Fridays, homework will be due in and set for the following week. We will be keeping track of who completes it and even who has their books in school.
Looking forward to seeing you all,
Miss Finnemore, Miss Charlesworth and Mrs Manchip
- www.phonicsplay.co.uk --> great for learning your phonic sounds and tricky words too
- www.bbc.co.uk/education --> BBC Bitesize - select England, KS1 - great for all subjects!