Happy New Year!
I hope you had a lovely Christmas break and are ready for a busy half term!
Our Topic for Spring 1, is Shakespeare!
In English, we will be exploring the iconic works of William Shakespeare. We will start by learning about the famous tale of star-crossed lovers - Romeo and Juliet. Get your acting skills ready, as we will be getting stuck in and acting out some parts in order to help us understand the plays that we studying.
In Maths this half term, we will be revisiting a lot of previously taught skills within multiplication, division, addition and subtraction, as well as learning new written strategies to give us a choice of strategies to use when faced with a problem.
Reading - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Science - Forces
Geography - Climate Zones, Biomes, Vegetation Belts
Art - Colour and Key Artists
RE - Creation
Computing - Coding
PE - Gymnastics and Invasion Games
- Reading diaries will be checked daily, remember to record ANY independent reading that you do!
- Three pieces of homework are due throughout the six weeks.
- Spellings and Times Tables will be set and tested every Friday - Please practise and revise.
- Please all bring in full PE kits for PE days, we may be outside so bring in long trousers and jumpers, as well as appropriate footwear.
- PE days MONDAY and THURSDAY
- School trips tbc