Woodcroft Primary School Pupil Premium Funding 2015-2016
The Department of Education website states:
· The Pupil Premium is allocated to all children eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years and children who have been looked after for 1 day or more, are adopted or leave care under a Special Guardianship Order or a residence Order.
· The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for frees school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
· The Pupil Premium is allocated to schools and is clearly identifiable. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools pre FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
· Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit, however they will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. Schools are also required to publish online information about how they have used the Premium. This will ensure parents and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the Premium.
Planned use of Pupil Premium in 2016-2017 academic year
The three headings below indicate how the school is using pupil premium funding in 2016-2017
1. Quality teaching for all - this will focus on improving and refining classroom pedagogy
2. Targetted support - for specific individiuals or groups of children
3.Other apporaches - that may impact on the individuals or the whole school