Welcome back! We hope you all enjoyed your summer break and are ready to start year 2.
It is an exciting time as you are moving up to Year 2 in a brand new class with a different teacher.
We have a new behaviour chart where you can work your way up the caterpillar if you are following our school values and earn prizes!
We will continue using Class Dojo, the points will link to rewards in class and we will use it to send out messages and keep in touch about all the exciting things we are up to!
We are beginning Autumn term by learning about Amazing Animals
In English we will be reading focusing on the book Meerkat Mail by Emily Gravitt We will be exploring different types of writing and learning some new writing strategies in the Year 2 curriculum as well as getting ourselves ready for SATs.
In Maths, we will be revisiting our previous learning on place value and number. We will be stretching ourselves to meet the new challenges of the Year 2 criteria of the curriculum, exploring these both practically and mentally.
Topics we will be covering:
- Science - Animals including humans. We will be thinking about the changes that happen to animals, and ourselves, as we grow!
- Geography - we will be thinking about our class country of India, and comparing it to the UK.
- Computing - E-Safety. Learning the basics of computer use and keeping safe online.
- Art - we will be learning different methods of printing. Focusing on pointilism and animal prints.
Things to remember:
- PE day is Wednesday and Friday. Please have a full kit in school as children will be working both inside and outside. Earrings must either be not worn or taken out by the child before the lesson on PE days.
- Homework will be set at the beginning of the half term. There will be an option of 6 activities, 3 must be completed over the half term. Also weekly spellings and times tables will be sent home.
- Please bring reading diaries in daily. We will check diaries frequently to see who needs certificates, book marks or free books so keep reading!
- Mrs Towner reads with children on Monday and Tuesday afternoons so please have your book ready these days if you wish to change it.
We are going to have a brilliant first term in India class, we are looking forward to learning lots and earning plenty of dojo points for good choices and achievements.
Miss Cooper, Mrs Manchip, Mrs Towner.
13/09/2018- Meet the teacher (from 2.45)